The height of greatness is rarely attained by many but few men. It follows from the “broad way” versus “narrow way” principle. In life, being great is not in riches or material wealth but being rich in values and virtues. The seed of greatness is sown in desire (being hungry for targeted ambition/goal), nurtured in learning (watering through disciplined and sacrificial interventions) and reaped in fruitfulness (glaring and tangible reproductive seeds after you). Indeed’s website editorial team defined inspirational leadership as “the ability to be a positive influence on those around you and motivate others toward success”. If others can change their course or develop personal ambition positively based on your actions, attitude, or attributes, you are an inspirational leader.
Permit me – as I reflect on the subject of inspiring others – to draw inspiration from the under-listed ten (10) self-explanatory quotes/nuggets.
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader” – John Quincy Adams
- “To inspire others, be an example and live by example” – Debasish Mridha
- “When you are living the best version of yourself, you inspire others to live the best version of themselves” – Steve Maraboli
- “By doing what you love, you inspire and awaken the hearts of others” – Inspired Inceptions
- “I am inspired to inspire others” – Tito Ortiz
- “Greatness is inspiring others to be their best” – Ken Poirot
- “To be inspired is great, to inspire others is incredible” – Anonymous
- “I want to inspire people. I want someone to look at e and say “Because of you, I didn’t give up”” – Anonymous
- “You don’t inspire others by being perfect. You inspire them by how you deal with your imperfections” – Anonymous
- “Aspire to Inspire before you Expire” – Eugene Bell (Jr.)
In conclusion, I have a lot to be grateful for as this year wanes out. Having to inspire someone by just being you truly humbled me. Someone has this to say, “Sir, permit me to say, I just got awoken and fired-up within as I went through your career/educational journey. It is one that can inspire anyone to their greatest height. I just made a call for the purchase of a form for further studies. Thank you, Sir, I am awake“. I am so grateful for the gift of feedback. My advice to you is to aspire daily to be a better version of yourself. In so doing, others will draw light from your “little” shining light.